Me in a nutshell

My photo
Pretty much every morning I get up at sunrise and take a walk with my dog.I like a big cup of coffee in the morning and a cold beer in the evening.I enjoy building stuff and for sure over my life have made more than my fair share of sawdust.Now I love to paint.It all started in July of 2009 when I took a painting class at the local art co-op.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Waterfall lookout

 
 

OIL 24"X30"
 
After talking to my friend Rick Nilson this morning I decided to just paint all day.
This is the result of my all day painting Marathon.
In Washington State there is this spectacular waterfall that you get to after a hefty hike through dense forest. The path suddenly ends at the edge of a cliff .Time it for mid-day and the opening is filled with bright light reflecting of the mist and spray forced upward from all the water plundging down into this deep tube shaped gorge.In the photo friends of mine are standing on that ledge looking at the waterfall but so far I am undecided if I want to paint people in this piece.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment