Me in a nutshell

My photo
Pretty much every morning I get up at sunrise and take a walk with my dog.I like a big cup of coffee in the morning and a cold beer in the evening.I enjoy building stuff and for sure over my life have made more than my fair share of sawdust.Now I love to paint.It all started in July of 2009 when I took a painting class at the local art co-op.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Superimposed

Winter is the wet season in West Oz.The rain comes in sqauls.Heavy rain for a bit then tapers to a "monkeys wedding"and then bright sunshine for awhile then another line of rain.That’s why this painting was done at two different spots.I was planning on painting kangaroos that were in the field but they left by the time I got setup with my home made pochade box. I had just about  painted the barn when it  started raining so I packed up and headed  home but the rain was short and the sun came back out .I stopped at another spot halfway home overlooking a field with a dead tree and these hills in the backgroundand so I  I painted the hill and dead tree as a backdrop to my barn . A composite I guess

No comments:

Post a Comment