Me in a nutshell

My photo
Pretty much every morning I get up at sunrise and take a walk with my dog.I like a big cup of coffee in the morning and a cold beer in the evening.I enjoy building stuff and for sure over my life have made more than my fair share of sawdust.Now I love to paint.It all started in July of 2009 when I took a painting class at the local art co-op.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

White sox boater

Spring is here and to nice to be painting inside.I bought a plein aire paint box to put on my camera tripod and headed out to meet  a painter friend Rick Nilson in Wanchese.This working boat was being painted by the fisherman who owned it.So keeping out of the way with my back to a fence I had a go at painting the scene.
Its challenging and a lot different to painting inside from a photo.Outside shadows move fast and the mood changes

No comments:

Post a Comment