Me in a nutshell

My photo
Pretty much every morning I get up at sunrise and take a walk with my dog.I like a big cup of coffee in the morning and a cold beer in the evening.I enjoy building stuff and for sure over my life have made more than my fair share of sawdust.Now I love to paint.It all started in July of 2009 when I took a painting class at the local art co-op.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

surfers

The last few days I have been practicing mixing colours.Using the 3 primaries and white I have been playing at making other colours.I did try a couple of paintings with my home made greens etc but the paintings were played with so much they ended up to messy to post.The painting below"Hike in the woods" was done with just the 3 primaries

I started this 32 by 38 with a wash and figure if I post its progress it will keep me from messing with it to much

I haven't been able to paint much the last few days.The local fire dept I volunteer at has been busy with calls-tourist season is upon us.
I did a bit more on this.I had to use my imagination to add the houses and jetty because the photo I used as referance was a bit tropical with palm trees and a wide sandy beach. I want to make this more a local Hattie scene and show how our beaches are eroding fast not leaving much sand  to protect the next row of houses from the waves
I made a couple of changes today.I thought those 2 clouds were distracting so got rid of them and added some shadow.I have been really busy so I haven't done much painting lately but hope to find time tomorrow to work on the surfer in black

No comments:

Post a Comment