Me in a nutshell

My photo
Pretty much every morning I get up at sunrise and take a walk with my dog.I like a big cup of coffee in the morning and a cold beer in the evening.I enjoy building stuff and for sure over my life have made more than my fair share of sawdust.Now I love to paint.It all started in July of 2009 when I took a painting class at the local art co-op.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

2 steps forward 1 step back I dance in my new studio space

At long last I am done enough to move my art stuff into the studio I have built above what was an old tool shed. I woke at
4AM ready to go.It took me awhile to get started.Its been so long since I last held an art brush  I wasted time and just stared at the canvas for long periods trying to get courage enough to bust a move.I wasted until sunrise unpacking my paint supplies from moving boxes spread across the floor.Long periods of sorting through photos for something easy to start with.Frustrated desperation and sunrise finally pushed me to squeeze paint tubes and dip a brush. I put out 2 paintings by lunch-both need work and I feel like they are a step backwards from where I was in spring but hey -its a start.
I still have to build a bathroom-outside(heated) as the building is too small for an inside shower. The kitchen is still not done and downstairs needs a finished floor. But where I play upstairs is done so from now on I plan on painting everyday and only working arvos to finish the rest.
I'll post some photos of the project even though as far as I know Rick and I are the only ones who check this blogg


No comments:

Post a Comment