Me in a nutshell

My photo
Pretty much every morning I get up at sunrise and take a walk with my dog.I like a big cup of coffee in the morning and a cold beer in the evening.I enjoy building stuff and for sure over my life have made more than my fair share of sawdust.Now I love to paint.It all started in July of 2009 when I took a painting class at the local art co-op.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

approaching storm (h20 oil)





I worked on two outdoor paintings today. I'm going to do a bunch of non people paintings to get better at nature stuff. This is from a photo of a typical Florida summer arvo storm.This painting is not done yet but putting it on the screen helps pin point whats lacking. The top is from yesterday Here is the update from the one I posted yesterday.I shortened the bridge so it goes to land Darker green that tree and put in some
 highlights. Rick??




A bit more colour in the black tree area to give some life as suggested by Rick(thanks).I also lightened the front cloud to show sun ahead of the storm to explain the light on the bridge .

1 comment:

  1. your best work todate. keep working on it. add more colors to the shapes in similar tones. definetly improvement here.

    ReplyDelete