Me in a nutshell

My photo
Pretty much every morning I get up at sunrise and take a walk with my dog.I like a big cup of coffee in the morning and a cold beer in the evening.I enjoy building stuff and for sure over my life have made more than my fair share of sawdust.Now I love to paint.It all started in July of 2009 when I took a painting class at the local art co-op.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sexy Lady-My first painting ever-Acrylic


  
        This is the painting that started it all. I was looking for a gift at the local art co-op.It was pouring rain outside so I was stuck wandering around the co-op waiting for a break in the weather to get to my van.
The artist on shift talked me into attending the art lesson upstairs. $20.00 and it included all materials.The $20 included canvas a brush and a few blobs of acrylic paint.The other students as instructed ahead of time had brought photos of subjects to paint. I not being forwarned was unprepared but found  this photo from a scrap pile of newspapers.The photo depicting a tropical holiday ad for an airline company.
By the end of the class I was hooked and surprised at how much I enjoyed the 2 hours . I took 2 more classes from the same teacher and the rest I learnt by practice and from books.

1 comment: